If you are injured because of someone’s negligence or wrongful actions, you are entitled to compensation. In personal injury lawsuits reimbursement is not limited to just your medical bills. Damages include pain and suffering, loss of wages, and future medical expenses from your injury.
But personal injury is involved and complicated: If you choose the wrong lawyer, you could be paying your fees (medical, legal) personally. To get the compensation you deserve, you need Alex.
After you’ve been in an accident, there are a few things that you can do to assist the legal process.
1) Tell someone. If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall or a work-related accident, immediately notify the person in charge. If you need an ambulance, have someone call for one.
2) Ask for help. If you’ve had an accident (car accident, slip and fall, negligence), look for a witness if you can. Ask the witness to take a picture with their phone. Get their contact information.
3) Contact your insurance company. Tell them you’ve been in an accident and you plan to retain a lawyer.
4) Write a personal account of the accident. Recording the incident when it is still fresh in your mind is essential. Remember to add the little details like the weather, the conditions of the environment, the time of day. These will be important when filing your claim/suit.
5) Consult a lawyer before you give a statement to an insurance adjuster. An adjuster for the person responsible for the accident will try to contact you and get a statement. It is always best to contact a legal professional before answering any questions with the other party’s insurance company. Be prepared before dealing with insurance.